Patients living with life-limiting diseases need access to clinical trials and innovative treatments.
Aparito provides that access, wherever patients are.
We digitise clinical trials and unlock real-world data through mobile apps, video assessments & wearable devices through Atom5™, our iOS & Android-compatible web and mobile app platform.
Our platform integrates clinical & regulatory expertise to capture patient data and develop digital endpoints to streamline the drug development process.
Atom5™ captures multiple, high-frequency data points from video, voice, wearables and ePRO and, analyses the data in conjunction with our team of data scientists to provide rich, real-time insights to clinical teams.
The Head of Academic Partnerships (UK and Global) is a key position within the client management team at Aparito. You will be responsible for various aspects of managing our academic partners.
In return, you will gain expertise facilitating and delivering digital solutions to enhance and support clinical trial protocols and work alongside our committed in-house teams of product and tech leads, clinicians, and data scientists.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer you will work across:
- Work with senior management to define the company strategy for Academic partnerships, specifically the areas of interest to enhance our Atom5™ capabilities, test new features and inform our product road map.
Partnership development and engagement
- Establish new and maintain all existing academic partnerships (UK and Globally) for Aparito according to the defined strategy.
- Identify new partnerships for collaboration, co-creation and joint R&D opportunities linking closely to our Patient Group Accelerator and data science needs
- Identify clients and sales opportunities within the Academic clinical trials setting.
- Communicate with prospective partners to introduce capabilities and therapeutic experience to create new business relationships towards the achievement of targeted annual revenue goals and product development.
- Build and maintain key relationships with all levels of stakeholders through high-quality engagement including but not limited to physical meetings and virtual presentations
- Complete management of the projects, to ensure high-quality work by all.
- Overall account management for all academic projects and partners to ensure clinical credibility and scientific rigour, enabling high-quality R&D
- Address client questions/issues so that a high degree of client satisfaction is maintained and recommend to management ways to improve Aparito’s offerings, services and products, as appropriate
- Communicate with external partners and provide all information needed (follow-up of contacts, proposals, demonstrations of the platform, guidance and other information as appropriate)
- Attend scientific conferences and follow up on contacts made to establish key partnerships enabling another revenue stream.
- Maintain and manage essential communication throughout with responsibility for the management of academic projects to a successful outcome, including attendance at key client meetings to support the management of the research, briefing the project team on Key Opinion Leaders/ experts, key contract provisions, deliverables, budget, timelines, and other relevant information such as personalities and/or politics.
- Promptly advise the team of new developments and changing client needs
- Management of grant and funding proposals. Ensuring timely completion of proposals within agreed boundaries of costs /profitability and based on adequate assumptions.
- Participate in the development of plans for service promotion in support of sales and marketing objectives, specifically leveraging clinical/ academic credibility to support sales
- Administration and control of partner contracts and related documents in collaboration with colleagues from Contracts and Proposals and operational colleagues as applicable
- Collaborate with our Head of Marketing and clinical team to define our scientific publications, posters and white papers target and opportunities in order to share news and progress about our R&D with the wider scientific communities
- Distribute marketing material and other company information to clients, partners and others.
- Keep details on partnership and client contact up to date in the CRM system.
- Other duties may be included as required by the Company.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent preferred
- Experience of managing academic stakeholders in the UK and EU. Any experience in managing academic stakeholders in the USA and rest of the world would be an additional advantage.
- Understanding of clinical research and the drug development process (PH I – IV)
- Understanding of Digital Health, ePROs, COAs, digital biomarkers and digital health concepts
- Experience working with SaMD is an advantage
- Strong technical know-how, including excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to use Outlook, the Internet and Access or similar database software
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; English + local language (if relevant)
- Willingness to travel
- Experience at either selling directly into the NHS or contracting with universities
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation
Ready to Apply?
If you want to join our team and help digitize clinical trials, we’d love to hear from you!
Please share your CV and cover letter using the form below.
Meet the team behind Aparito!