Who We Are
Patients living with life-limiting diseases need access to clinical trials and innovative treatments.
Aparito provides that access, wherever patients are.
We digitise clinical trials and unlock real-world data through mobile apps, video assessments & wearable devices through Atom5™, our iOS & Android-compatible web and mobile app platform.
Our platform integrates clinical & regulatory expertise to capture patient data and develop digital endpoints for hybrid and decentralised clinical trials to streamline the drug development process.
Atom5™ captures multiple, high-frequency data points from video, voice, wearables and ePRO and, analyses the data in conjunction with our data scientists to provide rich, real-time insights to clinical teams.
We are looking for a Clinical Research Physiotherapist to conduct a clinical assessment of neuromuscular patients as an autonomous practitioner, including those with diverse or complex presentations / multi-pathologies.
Working with the Patient Group Accelerator Programme team, you will use clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of evidence-based practice as part of Aparito-sponsored clinical research studies.
Research and Development Responsibilities
- To conduct a clinical assessment of neuromuscular patients as an autonomous practitioner, including those with diverse or complex presentations / multi-pathologies.
- To interpret and analyse clinical and non-clinical facts to assess potential neuromuscular disorders including those with a complex presentation.
- To work in collaboration with the Patient Group Accelerator Programme team and Data Science team and contribute to the design and analysis of performance-based outcome assessments relevant to neuromuscular/neurodegenerative diseases and movement disorders.
- To work in close collaboration with Patient Advocacy Group, Duchenne UK
- To keep abreast of evidence-based practice and emerging research in the neuromuscular field and particularly in the development of new digital clinical outcome assessments (eCOAs).
- To ensure a good working knowledge of national standards of care for neuromuscular conditions.
- To have knowledge of and be proactively involved in industry-led and therapy-led research opportunities, developing research skills, database management and presentation skills to a highly specialised level.
- To monitor the use of supplies for research activities and advise when supplies are required.
Education & Experience
- Physiotherapy BSc degree with MSc in Paediatric physiotherapy (other advanced specialisation is welcome).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar roles.
- Extensive experience in clinical outcomes assessments used for neuromuscular disorders, specifically 6MWT, NSAA, PUL.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written). Knowledge of other EU languages would be valued.
- Clinical research experience, and GCP training desirable.
- HCPC registration required.
- UK driving licence or ability to travel to patients’ homes.
- Quarterly visits to Wrexham and travel as required.
- Strong understanding of the clinical trial /drug development process.
- Empathic and driven by patients’ needs, sensitive and respectful to their home environment.
- Must be willing and able to travel to study participants homes.
- Must be digitally literate with Microsoft tools and G-suite.
- High interest in digital health and developing solutions with a positive impact on patients’ lives.
- To demonstrate the ability to communicate often complex and sensitive information to patient, carers and other staff, where there may be barriers to communication e.g., non-English speakers, and those with communication disorders.
- To sensitively deal with distressing or emotional circumstances regarding patient care e.g., imparting news of poor prognoses, such as long-term disability or chronic pain.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts using plain language.
- Team worker, able to assess priorities and keep track of different ongoing activities.
- Competitive salary (Band 7 NHS equivalent).
- 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
- 32 days holiday per year, increasing with service.
- Remote working with travel as required.
Ready to Apply?
If you want to join our team and help digitise clinical trials with patients, we’d love to hear from you!
Please share your CV and cover letter using the form below.
Meet the team behind Aparito!